AMD64 with DirectAdmin

True Magic

Verified User
I just ordered a Dual Opteron 244 dedicated server from Layered Technology wich was supposed to come pre-installed with FreeBSD and DirectAdmin.

However, they can't seem to get DirectAdmin installed on the AMD64 build of FreeBSD 5.4.

Is there ANY way that it will install and work fully on an AMD64 FreeBSD build -- I know DA won't work on a strictly 64-bit system, however, I was under the impression that if 32-bit cross compatibility is compiled, then it is a possibility.

I'm in a very desperate situation to know how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Merlin

If Layered Technology offered you the solution, then they're the ones that should have to make it work.

JBMC, the company that writes/maintaines DirectAdmin, has never offered DA for the AMD-64 platform. In fact, they've never taken FBSD 5.4 support out of Beta status.

Do you feel that JBMC should be held responsible for promises from a third-party?

My gut feeling is that there's a lot of work needing to be done to make it work, and that work may or may not succeed fully, and that if it does, updates may or may not succeed fully. You may be on your own.

Jeff

Back