bgcolor=#FFFFFF

Brian S

Verified User
Some of use don't have our default windows background set to white. So your site and your help site look kind of funky with a light brown background (my windows default). You could solve this by adding a bgcolor="#FFFFFF" to your <body> tag.

Thanks,

Brian

Have a look at this to see what I'm talking about...

Attachments

• directadmin.jpg
    directadmin.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 274
I don't get your point. Doesn't look too bad to me. It looks totally readable. If users want a poo brown background why should DA care?

Because they intended to have the background be white. Look at the way the DA site is designed -- it's made for a white background. Sometimes, folks assume that everyone has a default windows color of white, and don't (or forget) to set the background attribute in the <body> tag.

Brian

Actually, I have a light grey background and I hate sites that use white instead of the current windows bg color. Maybe it should be an option?

If a site is designed for white, green purple, whatever, it should have that attribute. White is a bgcolor like all the rest that should be set if the background is intended to be white. That is, unless D.A. didn't want the BG to be white...

Brian

Back