Recommended site builder?

nikdahl

Verified User
I'm looking at a few different options for site building software to offer our users.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for flexible licensing (or free, if available), and ease of use. Integration into DA is a big plus. Multi-platform and multi-browser (end user) compatibility is a must.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Very nice website builder, I had to install it on a few DA redhat machines and i pulled my hair out the first time. So if all fails , we can help a bit. Just contact [email protected]

Cheers

Miky

Last edited:
I am using sitezen.com , it has a plugin for DA. Works quite well with low maintenance

I will be trying sitebuilder.. looks like the best option so far.

Sitezen was ok, but the browser incompatibilities are unacceptable. We have a larger than normal percentage of OSX users.

i'm using sitebuilder also, when installing the sitebuilder, i pull out some of my hair :confused:

yep the sitebuilder frm swsoft is better....compare to sitezen coz sitezen templates are too normal & oldish...Lolx

does it...

Hi,

Does sitebuilder work with DA? does it plugin ok and add an extra menu for users?

Does it have many ready to use templates and easy to use for n00bs?

Whats the pricing like?

thnks
barry

sitebuilder does not integrate with DA. It would be great if it did.

We are running siteZen with a server license. Fully integrated with DA, hardly any maintenance, very low cost. Developers are quick to respond to any issues.

Neil :)

Unfortunately Site Zen is just not on the same level as Sitebuilder from swsoft.

We're now using TuCows Website Builder... VERY professional product, reasonable costs too. Application runs on THEIR server, very little overhead and our customers love it.

What kind of pricing are we talking?

Last edited:
I too am looking for some sort of sitebuilding software and I am curious as to what all of the different sitebuilder software packages there are out there. I checked out Sitebuilder 2.1 and it looks really good, but slightly expensive as many customers don't nessecarily need that right now.

Besides SiteBuilder 2.1... what other software exsists to mee this need?

TuCows got us online wihtin a couple days - very LOW cost to us - allows an excellent reselling potential. They've also got a lot of other great site features like Domain Name Registrations, Digital secure certs, Blogware, etc.

Joe

We really like the Tucows site builder.

What we don't like is having to sign up the way they have it set up, since we won't ever sell their domain registrations or their certs (too expensive).

We also don't like that they say they don't compate with their resellers but they own at least one domain reseller account selling at the same price as their wholesale.

But we do like their site builder. And so we may eventually overcome our issues with the other "stuff" and go ahead and jump for it :) .

I repeat ... we do really like their site builder.

Have I said it enough?

:)

Jeff

Sitebuilder doenst work

I tried installing sitebuilder with my freebsd box, documentation is really poor for their installation, it is only rpm install docs for redhat. I want to use this product. Anyone out there run into this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

"sitebuilder" is a fairly generic term. Whose "sitebuilder"?

Because of both paths and binary incompatibilities it may not be available for FreeBSD.

Have you tried contacting their support department?

Jeff

Anybody still using the Tucows site builder? I have logged into my account manager and I can't find hide nor hair of it. Got a link?

And is there a link also for Site Builder 2.0 and did they ever get it FreeBSD compatible?

Big Wil

Last edited:
Back