Moving Server best method for resellers.

Chrysalis

Verified User
Since the backup/restore function in DA is incomplete, I have a dillema.

We are moving a server and expect no issues moving all the users under the admin reseller. But the other resellers on the server what is the best method of moving these the concerns are the following.

Those who have their own ip addresses.

If running backup whilst logged in as these resellers does their own account get backed up and if no what is the best way to backup and restore actual reseller accounts.

In addition does anyone have any experience of how installatron handles backup/restore?

The easiest way to do a one-time backup/restore is probably to do a reseller backup and restore for each reseller; there are instructions elsewhere on these forums.

Installatron must be reinstalled on the new server, but the programs installed by installatron are properly backed up.

Jeff

the problem is the reseller backup doesnt backup/restore the actual reseller accounts. it only does the user accounts.

eg. I am on the new server, how do I restore reseller #2 I dont do it on the reseller level since the admin reseller is not above the other reseller. The admin level has no restore function. I cant find the thread with the instructions but will try again with different keywords.

Back