Error in fresh install

Seth

Verified User
* All parts have been installed *

Type: /sbin/service httpd restart
./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is an install I have done on a test machine. I am just wondering if anyone has come accross this or may have a quick resolution for it.

I belive in my lic order I chose the wrong OS, would this have anything to do with it? :-(

Type:

cd /usr/local/directadmin
ldd directadmin

check for the libssl.so.5 library.. it will likely say "not found".

Search your system for any "libssl.so.*" files by running:

locate libssl.so

(you may need to run "updatedb" first).

if you find a libsso.so file for a different vesrion, eg, /lib/libssl.so.6 (or libssl.so.4), then type:

cd /lib
ln -s libssl.so.6 libssl.so.5

Then finish the install by running:

cd /usr/local/directadmin
./directadmin i
./directadmin p

Thank you to John!

hostpc.com said:
Bocacom typically handles the DA installs prior to releasing a new server... did they not set this one up?
Why would this thread by specific to Bocacom? If it is, it's probably in the wrong subforum.

Jeff

Seth's signature line had "Servers by Bocacom" - so I responded. It ends up assisting anyone, so I dont see a reason to move it.

(his signature has apparently been edited since this last post)

libssl.so.5: cannot open

I am installing on FC 5 while my license says FC 4. but during the instgallation DA confirms that it is installing on FC 5. Do I have to contact DA to update my license information?

Everything goes fine during the installation and then this error message shows up:
* All parts have been installed *

Type: /sbin/service httpd restart
cp: `/var/www/html/squirrelmail/data/default_pref' and `/var/www/html/squirrelmail-1.4.7/data/default_pref' are the same file
cp: `/var/www/html/squirrelmail/data/index.php' and `/var/www/html/squirrelmail-1.4.7/data/index.php' are the same file

i have installed yum install libssl and finds nothing more to install.

i went to cd /usr/local/directadmin and tried to start
./directadmin i
and it still fails with following error:

I am installing this through ssh.
Has somebody installed it on FC 5?

Back