DA on Fedora Core 2

fiko

I have tried to installa DirectAdmin on Fedora Core 2 , without updates etc..

The installer stops after 10 minutes of installing en i get the following messegE:

* All parts have been installed *

Type: /sbin/service httpd restart
./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libcom_err.so.3: cannot ope
n shared object file: No such file or directory
./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libcom_err.so.3: cannot ope
n shared object file: No such file or directory

1) make sure you're installing the correct version of DA for FC2.

2) this is a bit more complex but we're running into some issues with the latest release of DA as DA is no longer fully a statically compiled install but now dynamically links to some libraries. Our installs of CentOS 4 are very minimal and don't include all the libraries DA requires (we're working on it). Perhaps the same problem exists with your install of FC2.

Either way, you may need to get JBMC (the DA parent company) involved.

Jeff

I use DirectAdmin autoinstaller, this is the right version for Fedora Core 2 or 3 ?

Once DA is installed on your system it's likely that it continues to install the correct version.

However, if you're having problems you should check your DA account at the DA site, to make sure it's set for the OS distribution you're running.

If you didn't buy your DA direct, and don't have a DA account, then you need to check with whomever sold it to you.

Note that the only way you can get a proper license for Direct Admin is from DA themselves, with your own account, or from a systems reseller who sells you the system with DA installed on it, or from a hosting company renting you a dedicated server.

Jeff

Hey,

ssh'd into your server do this:

rpm -q krb5-libs

See what (if anything) shows up...

If something like krb5-libs-x.x... doesn't show up then you probably need to install it...

yum install krb5-libs

should work.

HTH,
David

Back