Backups not 100% restored

boogie

Verified User
I am transfering domains from one server to the other.
The backups are not restored 100%, only the domains are setup. Also the mysql databases are working fine. The website content is not restored, these folders are empty.
I tried 2 ways: 1) let the server download the backups and 2)upload the backups myself, in both ways i get a system message wich says that the backups are restored.

Even when i untar the backups offline, i can see the website content is in the *.tar.gz

Config server wich made the backups:

Compiled for Redhat 9.0
Server Version 1.25.0
Current Available Version 1.250000

Config server were i want to restore the backups:

Compiled for Fedora 4
Server Version 1.25.0

Any idea whats going wrong?

Grtz

Boogie

I have the same prob. If you have enough time, you can just upload from each user account (login as the user from the reseller control panel) and upload the backup from the load backup section. That works fine, it just takes time if you have a lot of users.

Thanks for your answer, i did not tried it on user level.
This sounds like a bug on reseller level.

Last night i made a backup on my server (as reseller) and tried to restore on the same machine: The domain is setup inclusive the mysql databases, but the content is left out.

Tried it on an other machine, same thing.

Do i need to report this somewhere to be fixed?
Directadmin support reads this forum too?

just to confirm you are using the reseller level for backups/restores?

We've had problems with Reseller-level backups, but not with content not being restored.

If you've had a problem with content not being restored please post in greater detail, such as old-server OS Distribution and new-server OS Distribution. Also, any other problems you've encountered.

Thanks.

Jeff

That is the problem I am having (see my other post). When I upload the backup, it only uploads the mySQL and E-mail. None of the website files are uploaded. I am using Redhat

Hello support

I tried several things:

from old server to new server:

uploading the backups myself. and let the server make backups and ftp it to the new server

Compiled for Redhat 9.0
Server Version 1.25.0

to

Compiled for Fedora 4
Server Version 1.25.0

And also tried to make backups as reseller on the redhat 9.0 server and tried to restore on the same machine as reseller...

The public_html dir is setup fine, mysql too.......content not restored.

The content is in the tar.gz

Grtz
Boogie

I think its a version problem:

I run several servers with DirectAdmin and tested on an other machine and find out everything works fine there:

Directadmin Compiled for Fedora 3
Directadmin Server Version 1.24.3

The problems excist on the servers where DirectAdmin: Server Version 1.25.0 runs.

Maybe this helps out solving the problem.

Grtz
Boogie

Back