Newb help?

gwnetime

I have read all the posts on DA API and I have some ?'s. I need a way for someone to manually create an email from my site so that they can later check it in squirrelmail or webmail. Basically what I am wanting to do is create a hotmail or gmail type service for my clients. I believe the API is the way to do this but I do not fully understand. If someone could post a complete working example or sample I would really appreciate it.

Sorry no can do... What you're asking is for us to write the main part of your system for you.

In this thread you'll find a PHP class for communicating with the DA API. In the same thread you'll find one of my posts with a basic example of how to use the class to do various things with the DA API (here is the post).

You can also find the complete API reference here .

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

update

OK! i read your post and downloaded your samples and have successfully gotten to create a new user. Is there a way to modify or create a new email though. I have tried changing CMD_EMAIL_POP and CMD_API_POP. when i set cmd_email_pop i get user created, but goto look and can find nothing created. When i set cmd_api_pop it returns your not the owner or something. What am i doing wrong. thanx for all your help.

Alls good

I have solved my problems! Next time must read everything and just not snippets. I missed a couple of required lines.

Good for you :)

Now maybe you want to share what you missed with the rest of the community so others can learn from it :)

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

$Socket->query('/CMD_API_POP',
array(
'action' => "create",
'domain' => "2sue4u.com",
'user' => "$username",
'passwd' => "$passwd",
'passwd2' => "$passwd2",
'quota' => "10.0"
));

I forgot to add the 'domain' line! That is why every time i ran the script it fed me an error of "you do not own this domain". So moral of story, always make sure you specify the domain you are working with.

Back