ModernBill with DA? - PHP on? Zend optimizer?

Arkansas

Verified User
Is anyone using ModernBill 4.1 with DirectAdmin? If so, I would like to hear your experiences with the installation of MB.

PHP needs to be on but I don't see that option in DA. (I didn't see the option in httpd.conf for my domain). Any ideas?

Zend Optimizer? I see a Zend directory but can't find Zend Optimizer. Any ideas?

Thanks.

If you have RH 9 just stop now. Their has been a issue with 1.9x versions of DA and Zend, specifically with Moderbill. Try searching for Zend or Modernbill. Eitherway make sure you install Zend. Search on the boards their are many posts on the subject...

Yes, I do have RH9 and I just updated DA to v1.2.
I'll do some more searching on the boards about this.
Thanks.

There is a thread Here about those problems. From what I see, it not DA specifically, but something with RH 9 and the combination of modules that DA uses for Apache. You may be lucky if you can get Zend Optimizer to work, you may not, at least that is what I have seen on the two RH9 systems I was doing some testing on. Of course I was not lucky at all with my production system, that I need Zend to work with. I am still trying though.

[OFF_TOPIC=yes]
I can't believe people use cpanel
[/OFF_TOPIC]

After working for about 1 1/2 days on trying to install ModernBill on a RH9 machine with DA, I finally have it installed and working. I havn't set up modernbill yet, but I was able to install and log in.

When I installed the modernbill version for Zend, I would sometimes get nothing but a blank page when I would try run the install script. Other times I would get a "page not found" dns error.

Out of frustration, I installed the modernbill build for ioncube and lo and behold when I go to the install script... it works! The pre-setup check did not find zend, but it did find ioncube... or at least it said that it did. When I first installed DA, I followed the instructions in the new server checklist ( http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104 ) and compiled customapache and then compiled Zend. I have never installed ioncube, so I don't understand fully why this works.

Just wanted to post my experience here in hopes that someone else doesn't have the same troubles... and maybe to find out why this worked. It bugs me when I get it working and don't understand why or how it worked :)

Ioncube is there (if you installed de Ioncube version) in the modernbill directory and is loaded at runtime..

Rick

Back