symbolic link problem?

Lem0nHead

Verified User
hi

I'm having the same problem as described in http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1442 (2 years ago)

I also use FreeBSD and it started to happen after the new release

It's happening when user try to upload something to public_html/ (that's a symlink to domains/maindomain.com/public_html/)
It's very common for the users to upload things to the public_html/ dir, so I hope you can fix it

thanks

symbolic link problem (DA version 1.252)

I use CentOS and I have the same problem. It started with the new release: 1.25.2.

When user upload a file to "public_html" an error occur.

ERROR: There is a symbolic link in that path. The path must be a full non-linked path.

Last edited:
Can you ssh into your server, and check the path to see if it contains any symbolic links?

Jeff

Yes, public_html is a symbolic link.

public_html -> ./domains/domain/public_html

Users can upload files to "./domains/domain/public_html" but not to "public_html".

Hello,

I'll have to change that. We changed the filemanager to be "less smart" and just view symlinks as the system shows them. Previously, the filemanager followed the symlinks, so when you clicked on /public_html, you'd actually be forwarded to /domains/domain.com/public_html. Now, you'll just end up in /public_html (as you would if you 'cd'ed in ssh).

We made this change so that when you select the symbolic link, you actually select the symbolic link (so you can delete /stats), and not the file it points to. But.. the file uploader checker now doesn't like uploading to /publc_html. I'll get it fixed up in the next release.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

I'll have to change that. We changed the filemanager to be "less smart" and just view symlinks as the system shows them. Previously, the filemanager followed the symlinks, so when you clicked on /public_html, you'd actually be forwarded to /domains/domain.com/public_html. Now, you'll just end up in /public_html (as you would if you 'cd'ed in ssh).

We made this change so that when you select the symbolic link, you actually select the symbolic link (so you can delete /stats), and not the file it points to. But.. the file uploader checker now doesn't like uploading to /publc_html. I'll get it fixed up in the next release.

John

is it possible to do a pre-patch or something like that?
I'm getting many complains from customers

Back