DirectAdmin

Eureka

Verified User
Hi,

I have just purchased DA...and wondering.... if I need to change servers in the future...How do I do this...as the client login does not offer to change server info.

I hope I have posted in the right forum.

Thanks

I can tell you from experiance that moving servers do to whatever the case (ie upgrading to a better hardware platform which was my case) is quite easy. All you need to do is make sure all domains are backed up under the reseller account and restore using the new IP Address on your new server. Also make a copy of all system files by doing a system backup under the admin section which will include important files and plugins such as plugins you've added in your squiremail plugin folder etc...

Hope this helps...

sirwin, I don't think you answered Eureka's real question, which is probably "How do I get my license transferred".

The answer is you have to notify DA sales to have that done for you.

You may need an overlap period, depending on how long it's going to take you to make and restore those backups, as your old server has to be running DA to back up, and your new server has to be running DA to restore (if you're using reseller restore).

If you need a short overlap period you can probably arrange that with DA Sales department.

Jeff

Back