Skin Programming in another languages

Forcis

Verified User
Hello, i think it's a good idea to create DA Forums in another Languages. And port DirectAdmin to another languages.
If you need me for this PM me :p

There's already been a discussion about DA forums in other languages, and there is at least one, in Dutch.

The problem is that when you post on the main DA forum you can get answers from the largest group; most of us, in fact even many of us who do speak other languages, just don't have time to monitor multiple forums.

There are DA skins available in several languages; if you're interested in doing translations into other languages please post details of what you're offering to do.

Note that some of DA is hardcoded directly into the compiled C++ source and cannot be changed even with skins.

Jeff

I can translate DirectAdmin to french and spanish, make me an offer :p

There are some volunteer efforts in place already.

If you want to offer your skin programming services, DirectAdmin General Discussion isn't the right place for it; I've moved your thread to Skin Programming.

Jeff

The way to go would be to create a skin ans offer it for sale like others have done. There are several people who have already translated DA into different languages and have either offered it for free or for sale.

The first step is yours, you need to "take the risk" and do the work.

If you're lucky people will pay for it, if not you've spent time doing something noone is willing to pay for.

Onno,

He can certainly sit back and wait for someone to contact him if that's what he wants to do :) .

He should probably start by asking me to change the subject of the post to something like "Skin Programming in other languages".

:p

Jeff

Back