Hard drive Utility

tecan4u

Verified User
Thank you to all of members for the help.

Last edited:
If you did a low level format there's no data left on the drive to recover.

If you started a low level format and then abandoned it there are recover companies which can attempt recovery for you.

There's a free program here which may help you.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

THANK YOU VRY MUCH FOR THE ADVISE. i WILL CHECK THE UTILITIES.
SORRY ISEND THE WRONG INFORMATION:

MY PROBLEM IS NOT THE DATA, HD JUST HAS OS NO DATA. MY PROBLEM IS MY BIOS DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE HD, MY BATEERY RUN OUT OF POWER AND POWER SOURCE FAIL( WAS ON A ROAD)

:confused: I KNOW TO THIS KINK OF FORMAT ISHOULD HAVE A FULL BATERY AND CONNECT TO POWER OUTLET.

SO MY MISTAKE.

DO YOU KNOW ANY UTILITY TO CHECK IF HARDRIVE COULD BE USED, AND CREATE A BOOT TABLE FOR MUY BIOS.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INFORMATION.
TECAN

MY PROBLEM IS NOT THE DATA, HD JUST HAS OS NO DATA. MY PROBLEM IS MY BIOS DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE HD, MY BATEERY RUN OUT OF POWER AND POWER SOURCE FAIL( WAS ON A ROAD)

Your battery? Is this on a laptop...? How is this related to DirectAdmin? Do you have linux and DirectAdmin on it?

JMStacey

Yes this is a laptop.

Is a windows 2000 pro

I ask the question on the newsgroup, for an utility to create boot particion, to my laptop HD.

I was explaining about the problem: Doing low level format laptop run out of power.

now I have a 30 GB Hard drive is not recognize by the BIOS on my laptop.

Problem is not related to DirectAdmin or Linux.

This should be moved to the Off Topic forums.

There aren't any programs (that I know of) that will be able to help until at least the bios recognizes the hard drive.

Have you tried any of the diagnostic tools that the Hard Drive manufacturer provides? (Although I doubt it will help if the bios doesn't see it)

You'll most likely need to get a new HD, or get your current one repaired (if that's possible).

If the laptop is under warranty I would send it in for repair. Even if it's not, there's no harm in calling and getting a 2nd opinion.

Last edited:
This thread has nothing to do with DirectAdmin and has been moved to the Off-Topic Discussion forum.

Jeff

Back