Mail Quota

bvvelzen

Verified User
Ok, i'm a little bit confused.

The mail Quota on the UebiMiau webmail packet is a standard
10 Meg's. But in the new DA you can give a quota to a pop 3 box.

But what I'm not sure about is that the mail boxes and there mail are included of the total quota on a account?

Greetings

Hello,

The UebiMiau quota is a proprietary quota for UebiMiau. The way UebiMiau works is it will create a little space for you on the server for the emails you are viewing/sending. This is because pop has to download the messages to view them (unlike IMAP). This space is independant of your inbox, which is where the DA quota comes in. The DA email quota is for your main inbox file which is only enforced by exim for when people send you mail. That file won't grow larger than the size set in DA. When you run UebiMiau, it will then download the email from the main inbox file for you to view them.. If you create a new message, or save it to a different folder, this will then be saved in the UebiMiau quota space. SquirrelMail uses IMAP, which doesn't need any space for extra folders, that is all done by imap (unlike pop which doesn't do folders)

Hope that helps to clarify things a bit.

John

Thanks for the explanation, it's clear now.

So it's better to use IMAP and squirrelmail supports that, so we
moved to IMAP and it works very nice.

Thanks for the great support DA!!

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

The UebiMiau quota is a proprietary quota for UebiMiau. The way UebiMiau works is it will create a little space for you on the server for the emails you are viewing/sending. This is because pop has to download the messages to view them (unlike IMAP). This space is independant of your inbox, which is where the DA quota comes in. The DA email quota is for your main inbox file which is only enforced by exim for when people send you mail. That file won't grow larger than the size set in DA.

Maybe a dumb question,

If you use Squirrelmail/IMAP is there still a mailbox-mb's-limit
And is this limit on every popaccount ? (so with popaccounts you'll have a total limit of 10 times 1 limit ?)

Hello,

With IMAP, a local copy of the email isn't needed, so the limit on the inbox are controlled by exim (setup in DA under the email account quota limits)

John

Uebimiau quota

Hi,

Where can we change the quota limit for Uebimiau ? I know this is a little dumb question but is it possible in the future to unify somehow these quotas inside DirectAdmin ? I think it is quite strange to have a quota reported in the user panel and find out a totally different story when approaching the 10 M Uebimiau limit.

Can you point me toward some documentation on this ?

Thank you.

Catalin

Re: Uebimiau quota

Romedchim said:
Hi,

Where can we change the quota limit for Uebimiau ? I know this is a little dumb question but is it possible in the future to unify somehow these quotas inside DirectAdmin ? I think it is quite strange to have a quota reported in the user panel and find out a totally different story when approaching the 10 M Uebimiau limit.

Can you point me toward some documentation on this ?

Thank you.

Catalin

As directadmin support said this is a UebiMiau limit not a Mailbox Quota. You can set UebiMiau to 10000 GB if you like ;) (It's as far as I know temporary space)

Agree

Hi,

I agree with you but where should I change this quota ? It is not a DA problem but being the webmail coming with DA I think a small tip would useful (like the file to be modified, for example)

Catalin

You should see this quota as Maximum Temporary storage. When a user Reads it mail, these mails are stored temporarly (POP) and this storage is of a maximum of 10 MB. When a user logs off the webmail this will be deleted.

When a user adds attachments to mails it's stored in this way too and just limits the users workspace. You could just set this to a higher value, like 25 MB or 50 MB.

in /var/www/html/webmail (ubimiau)/inc/config.php config file:

########################################################################
# The maximum size for stored files
# In order to keep you system fast, use values better than 5MB
# If you need disable it, set the value to 0 or leave it blank
########################################################################
$quota_limit = 10240; // in KB, eg. 4096 Kb = 4MB

This is set by DA to 10 MB. You can disable it yourself by setting it to 0.

Back