Create an IMAP account

S2S-Robert

Verified User
How do I create an IMAP account? I am able to use /squirrelmail, but when I enter my login info from a user I created using the POP3 mailboxes it says "invalid login".

So I guess I have to create an IMAP user instead of a POP3 user, but how do I do that?

Hello,

The pop accounts are the same things as imap accounts. Just create a pop account and you should be able to access it from SquirrelMail as well as pop.

John

Ok, then the problem is : I'm not...

I tried logging in using <virtual name> and <virtual name>@domain, but neither give me the desired login. I tried using webmail and this one immeadiatly granted me access.

Hello,

I just got off fixing one server with this exact same problem. The fix in his case was that he had the wrong imapd binary from somewhere else, which didn't support virtual email accounts (@domain).

Try getting the binary from our file server and then test it again:
Code:
wget -O /usr/sbin/imapd [url]http://files.directadmin.com/services/[/url]<OS>/imapd
chmod 755 /usr/sbin/imapd
where <OS> is one of 7.2. 7.3, 8.0, 9.0

If the binary was already there when DA went to install it, it would assume that it had already installed it, so it would be skipped. If the version of imap is from somewhere else, that may be what you're using.

John

i cant seem to get imap working either and ive tried to wget the file above getting error that it dosnt exist

Back