squirrel mail - can't login with non admin accounts

prophecy

Verified User
Like the main accounts for a site can login, but the accounts that are the full address cannot. This has been verified by myself and a customer of mine.

Hello,

So you're saying "admin" works, but "[email protected]" doesn't?

I'm curious if you have our version of the imapd program.. try testing imap with outlook or a regular email client for the virtual email accounts.. and double check the password (just to be sure).

John

Ok,

Tried with Thunderbird, does NOT work. Tried with outlook express, it works.
Squirrel mail, does NOT work.

It must have something to do with how the usernames are formatted looking like an email address. I remember some ftp program does not work when you have usernames like that either.

Any ideas on what I can do? Does it work for you when using a [email protected] account?

I am able to use user@domain but I know that SquirrelMail was NEVER intended to be used in a virtual hosting enviroment. Thankfully their have been a sucession of plug-ins that help Squirrelmail work properly and if I am correct one of them was added to the core so it is preinstalled.

I am not sure that SquirrelMail is your problem is you can't use a normal IMAP mail client to connect. Thunderbird is new and I have problems with that client when just about everything else worked so I don't trust the Mozilla team on that one just yet.

Not that this should help but I included this plugin in a copy of SquirrelMail that I was going to send over to John & Mark for possible testing and release in the future

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=149

Really it just helps send and recieve from the proper domain. I don't think it will help with the login...

Back