How do I make everyone's package features change?

SlashChick

Verified User
We have a customer with about 500 sites on one DirectAdmin server, and he's liking it so far. One problem we've run into, however, is that we can't seem to figure out how to change everyone's package features.

For instance, we create Package A with SSH access. We later decide we don't want anyone with Package A to have SSH access, so we uncheck the box in the Packages panel. However, all the sites we've formerly created with Package A still have SSH access. How do we change this easily?

This is a must-have for hosting companies, especially with disk space and bandwidth...

Hmm.. perhaps a "force this package on all existing Users who have this package" feature might be good...

Right now, a package is a preset bunch of numbers that are pased to DA, as if they were all customized then and there.. there is no realtime link to the package after creation.

For now, you'll have to painfully go through each user and set them to the desired package (even if its the same name).. and it should update their info to the new data.

John

Ouch!

Yes, this is something that DEFINITELY needs to be added to DirectAdmin.

I'd say a checkbox titled "Change these features for all users who currently have this package" or something along those lines (in the Edit Package section) would be adequate. That could run a script that updated all current users.

The more stuff like this you guys add, the more hosting companies I'll be able to convince to use DA. :D

This is a showstopper for us. We're ready to order two more DA licenses and start migrating customers over as soon as this is fixed.

If you can't wrap a GUI around it, perhaps you can do what cPanel does and make a shell script that does it (at least temporarily... until you can get a GUI on it.)

Please let me know if there is an ETA on this.

Thank you.

thoroughfare said:
No blaspheming in the forums!

:rolleyes:

Matt :D

We cannot move our customers off of cPanel until this feature is added.

We've already cancelled one cPanel license due to ongoing problems with their software. I would like to move most of our virtual hosting customers off cPanel and our two RaQ 550s, but I cannot do that until this feature gets added!

:(

Feature has been added to versions.php -- should be out within 10 days. When you change a package, it will now alter all accounts using that package.

Mark

Back