Apache 2.2.0

I have test run apache 2.2 with DA, everything is running smoothly but mod_frontpage is generating APR error.

Thinking if mod_frontpage doesn't support apache 2.2, any clues?
:confused:

mod_frontpage is a standard apache module; the best place to check would be on the apache website.

Jeff

jlasman said:
mod_frontpage is a standard apache module; the best place to check would be on the apache website.

Jeff

Thanks for reply but I didn't mean mod_frontpage (I disable it anyway). I mean can DirectAdmin work with apache 2.2 with the new config format they're talking about etc..?

Here is an answer to this from John at DirectAdmin when I emailed him this morning regarding using MySQL 5 and Apache 2.2.0:

Hello,

Both should work fine.

For apache, first update to apache 2 with the usual conversion script, then edit the "build" script and swap the apache 2 version to 2.2.0... place the tar.gz into the customapache directory and rebuild apache.

Mysql 5 will also work fine. If you've got 4.1 now, there are no issues.. if you've got 4.0, then you'll need to change your my.cnf around for the "old_passwords" option, and also update the tables. Guide here (if you have 4.0 right now) : http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=466

I really don't see the advantage to going to 2.2.0 just yet; I see no real benefit from 2.0. The mod_auth* modules are quite useful for very specific applications, otherwise, can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Matt :)

Apache 2.x is supposed to be a bit faster on heavily used servers.

That said, we still use 1.x and recommend it for clients without specific needs requiring 2.x.

Jeff

I'm using Apache 2 mainly because it plays nicer with Zend and PHP, but my point is I'm not clear on the benefit between 2.2 and 2.0.

Matt :)

Apache 2.2 has a reworked mod_proxy and also supports mod_proxy_balancer which implemets the AJP13 protocol to talk to Tomcat or Jetty

if someone could help me out with the frontpage module and this new apache version would be greatly appreciated.

i can't get it to work! i tried recompiling the module, but recompiling it gives serveral errors and stops function, tried to go to apache.org but didn't help. Thanks in advance

invoking the ./build mod_frontpage_ap2 command gives following error:

/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache2/mod_fpcgid.c:1320: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache2/mod_fpcgid.c:1320: error: initializer element is not constant
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache2/mod_fpcgid.c:1320: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache2/mod_fpcgid.c:1321: error: syntax error before "do"
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache2/mod_fpcgid.c:1321: error: syntax error before '->' token
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache2/mod_fpcgid.c:1321: error: syntax error before "struct"
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache2/mod_fpcgid.c:1321: error: syntax error before "struct"
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache2/mod_fpcgid.c:1322: error: syntax error before '->' token
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache2/mod_fpcgid.c:1322: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/apache2/mod_fpcgid.c:1188: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536

After
Code:
./build mod_perl_ap2
i get error
Trying to make mod_perl-2.0...
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

*** The make has failed, do you want to try to make again? (y,n):

then stop

Back