Questions about V1.20.1

Icheb

Verified User
I just noticed this after i updated my DA version, the Allow Reseller Overselling is still available in the admin settings...

I don't know what the infuence would be if i would change this value and the values per user after eachother, so shouldn't this be removed from the skin ?

Second question :
Is it possible to set DA so that when reseller 1 goes over the traffic limit it would suspend him, but when reseller 2 goes over the traffic limit it just sends a warning ?

Third question :
Is it possible to make something so that the ~user thing only works a few days, and then stops working completely for that user. Some of my users have been abusing this, so i turned it off, but now some new users are asking me to turn it on again...
Or perhaps make it possible to set this per user ?

(Sorry for my bad grammar and possible language mistakes :D)

Originally posted by Icheb Third question :
Is it possible to make something so that the ~user thing only works a few days, and then stops working completely for that user. Some of my users have been abusing this, so i turned it off, but now some new users are asking me to turn it on again...
Or perhaps make it possible to set this per user ?[/B]
See this thread. Not sure about 1st two questions.

Re: Re: Questions about V1.20.1

l0rdphi1 said:
See this thread. Not sure about 1st two questions.

The script works, for the ip. But some of my users have also discovered that www.<domain>.<ext>/~<user>/ also works, since i don't know very much about perl i can't change the script so that it would count that too, cause if i would change it, the script would delete my logfile for each domain. Or it would parse it multiple times.
This is why i'm looking for a 'for certain time' per user solution.
While attempting this i've already caused half a minute downtime, so this doesn't encourage me to try again.

By the way : The script keeps giving the 'Error restarting apache' error, but my apache runs perfectly.

Hello,

I've left the option in the Admin Settings for a few more releases. The Reseller setting will take precedence, but until all Resellers have the option, it will fall back onto the Admin option.

I believe that it does send a warning if a Reseller goes over his traffic limit regarless... (I'd have to double check the code)

I'm starting to look harder at possible options for the ~user issue. I know that we can possilbe disable it for all domain.com/~user accounts (so it only works with the IP 1.2.3.4/~user), and then we can parse the main access log for possible cheaters and add it up.

John

Hi John,

Thank you for replying :)
I've left the option in the Admin Settings for a few more releases. The Reseller setting will take precedence, but until all Resellers have the option, it will fall back onto the Admin option.
Ok, i know enough :D

I believe that it does send a warning if a Reseller goes over his traffic limit regarless... (I'd have to double check the code)
Not really needed :)
Maybe another irritating question, i'm writing my own payment system for my company, and i kinda want a costumer to be suspended and send a message if not paying, is this an option from outside the main code ?

I'm starting to look harder at possible options for the ~user issue. I know that we can possilbe disable it for all domain.com/~user accounts (so it only works with the IP 1.2.3.4/~user), and then we can parse the main access log for possible cheaters and add it up.
I was thinking about something, i don't know how to do it, but it might help you.
Why not move all ~user hits to a certain file from each domain and just at it to the <user>.bytes file ?
This would mean a user might not be able to see all the logs, but it would also mean it doesn't screw up any logs.
But it might be hard to 'deparse' the <user>.bytes file for the user that has been abused...
But getting some code to disable the domain.com/~user will offcourse also work :) (and is a better idea, although i have looked at the docs and still completely have no idea how you were planning on doing it).
But when this is included i (and most certainly a large other number of admins) would be very gratefull :)

DirectAdmin Support said:

Good idea :) Please allow hostname/~user though :D

Icheb said:
Hi John,

I was thinking about something, i don't know how to do it, but it might help you.
Why not move all ~user hits to a certain file from each domain and just at it to the <user>.bytes file ?
This would mean a user might not be able to see all the logs, but it would also mean it doesn't screw up any logs.
But it might be hard to 'deparse' the <user>.bytes file for the user that has been abused...

That is basically what the perl script I posted in this thread does. It puts the access line into the log file and adds the bytes used to the .bytes file. It was a quick and dirty script, to give the DA folks something to think about, on how to handle this potential problem.

Back