CGI File...

Not sure exactly what you're asking.

CGI files are text based...you can edit them in notepad or download any number of editors with syntax checking.

If you're asking where to save them on your site to execute, that would be the /cgi-bin directory.

Sean

Just for the sake of accuracy....
1/
CGI files are text based
CGI files are not always text-based. They can be compiled applications. (eg written in 'C' or pascal then compiled into binary executables.).

2/
If you're asking where to save them on your site to execute, that would be the /cgi-bin directory.
CGI files need not be in the CGI-BIN if you enable them in your httpd.conf.

Last edited:
mike_p,

Now that you've managed to cloud the issue with the technical truth...

I must point out that for practical purposes sullise is right, and we need to have a response from the original poster to determine exactly what it is he needs to do.

Note also that DA stores the cgi-bin directory under the public_html directory; some servers store it at the same level as the public_html directory.

Jeff

From the initial posters question, I tried to keep it simple as possible in my answer and let him ask if he needed more info. ;)

Tnks for the help...

I have this line written in the file:
#!/usr/bin/php -q

I didnt put it in the cgi-bin,
because the files ends is: name.php and not name.cgi

And here is the command i gave in CRONJOBS:
*/1 * * * * home/esadmin/domains/es.comps2go.net/public_html/es/name.php

but nothing hapening where is the problem.

Tell me if you don't understand and i will try formulating better.

A php file is NOT the same as a CGI program and it won't run itself from a cronjob.

You need the full path to your php interpreter followed d by a space and then the full path to your php program, which also needs full paths to anything it calls.

Jeff

Back