DA forums from VB 2.2.9 to VB 3 x

I may reply quickly (at least sometimes) but I am not a part of the DA team.

I've moved the thread to Off-Topic Discussion because it has nothing to do with the DA control panel. You might want to write DA directly.

Jeff

You're probably right :p ; not having seen the newer version, I didn't know there was such a thing.

Jeff

Think about all the security holes that would be fixed.... and then readded in the new version :p

Actually, I wouldn't mind if restrictions were eased. For example, the ability to add images in the posts beyond the basic smilies.

That decision would have to be made by the people who own the server (in other words the good folk at JBMC) since it's their server being impacted.

Jeff

jlasman said:
That decision would have to be made by the people who own the server (in other words the good folk at JBMC) since it's their server being impacted.

Jeff

sent a email to them, let see what happens

I supoose I might add that if it were my server; I'd vote no; it's easy enough to post a link, and all of us have webspace somewhere or we wouldn't be here :) .

Don't forget the server hosting this forum is also hosting all the file downloads, etc., for DA.

Why add more of a load?

Jeff

jlasman said:
I supoose I might add that if it were my server; I'd vote no; it's easy enough to post a link, and all of us have webspace somewhere or we wouldn't be here :) .

Don't forget the server hosting this forum is also hosting all the file downloads, etc., for DA.

Why add more of a load?

Jeff

? more load ?
is just replacing new vb files and mysql tables ?

besides, as JBMC grows to a bigger company so does everything else like server , VB even a few other things.

dont stay behind

jlasman said:

Why add more of a load?

Jeff

A company the "size" of DA only has one server? for downloads, customapache, patches/versions, forums, support, email, sales, dns (gak! licensing) not to mention testing? ??

Please - tell me there's more than one.

Last edited:
I agree the update wouldn't increase the load. I was referring to allowing folk to update images, etc., which would increase the load.

It's very possible that DA have multiple servers, but if so, then their multiple servers are running under one IP#, behind a load-balancer, as I've not seen their IP# change.

Of course their backend may include multiple servers.

Jeff

Back