php 4.3.4?

Jing

Verified User
Hello.
May I know how many of you ugpraded to 4.3.4? Any problem so far? Did you guys do a fresh install or did you just apply the patch?

I have heard that doing fresh install is better but I have no idea how to "uninstall" php. I am running php 4.3.2 on my server right now, and I am thinking if I should upgrade it. Kind of afraid that if I break anything, my websites will be affected.

And is it really this simple? Taken from WHT.

To upgrade/install to 4.3.0 is quite easy.

As DigiCrime said just get the configure string download, unzip, then run the configure string, then make, then make install. Then a few other small details.

I assume it is quite the same with 4.3.4 too right? But how about the "a few other small details"? Like updating php.ini etc? Anyone mind giving the full list?

Sorry for all my questions. Just trying to be very very sure before I go on and try something. I am sure this thread will help a lot of others too.

Thank you in advance.

just use DirectAdmin's update system
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/customapache
rm -f configure.*
./build clean
./build update
./build all

And if DA are for any reason late or done update to a certain version of php you can use a simple configure (current configure line), make, make install process.

Chris

Back