PDA

View Full Version : Mysql problems

toedrain
01-13-2006, 06:06 AM
I just had directadmin installed on my freebsd server and everything works great except for mysql. Whenever a user tries to add a new database to thier site this error shows up

Error connecting to MySQL: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

I checked my service manager and even though it said all the services were stopped ftp and http still worked. I tried manually starting mysql but recieved this error.

cp# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysqld start
Starting mysqld: [ OK ]
cp# /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found, required by "my_print_defaults"
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found, required by "my _print_defaults"
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysqld stop
Stopping mysqld: [ FAILED ]

For some reason it also failed to stop the service. Can anyone offer some help as to whats going on? Thanks.

prism4
11-10-2006, 04:43 AM
Did you ever get yoru mysql feature to work. Here is the error message we are getting:

Error connecting to MySQL: Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: YES)

and then when we try to add a database we get this error :

Error connecting to MySQL: Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: YES)

Need help fast thanks

chatwizrd
11-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Use /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/mysql.sh