can't delete MX record

carolinabay

Verified User
I have ended up with 2 MX records for my own account on my reseller host plan and need to delete one and can't, nor can I delete them both at the same time and readd the right one. All my email accounts are getting error messages, and I attribute it to the 2 MX records. Why can't I delete the MX record and start over?

Error message all are getting is in attached file.

Attachments

• ronmailerrormssg.txt
    799 bytes · Views: 280
Hello,

Just to clarify, you're in the User Dns control, you're selecting one MX entry, and pressing "Delete Selected"?

The error message you've included is for webmail and is a result of a missing path in the open_basedir for php's safemode (not MX records). It will be should be fixed in 1.20.2 but you should be able to get to webmail with your ip/webmail instead of your domain.com/webmail...

I just did an MX lookup on "carolinabaymedia.com" and am not any MX records at all for that domain.. is that the domain in question?

John

I did find where to delete the extra MX record for Carolina Bay Media, but it should be showing the one left when you check. Hmm.

I can now get into the 2 clients' webmail. The main account holder's inbox still has the entire error message at the top when logged in though. It does go away as soon as inbox is clicked. How do i get rid of this error message?

Ok, MX lookup gave me the same thing, that none exists but it's in the CP for Carolina Bay Media (See screenshot).

Attachments

• mxincp.jpg
    mxincp.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 221
Hello,

That's how the MX enteries look in the DNS panel. In the zone file, that would translate to:

carolinabaymedia.com. 14400 IN MX 0 carolinabaymedia.com.

By the way, ns1/ns2 aren't currently the authorative NS's over your domain... when I do the lookup, the only name server that shows up is:

ns2.fsdns.com

But when I do:
dig carolinabaymedia.com @carolinabaymedia.com

Then it returns everything correctly. I think you need to change the dns settings at your registrar.

Also, the webmail errors are caused by invalid php open_basedir paths. You should be able to get rid of those errors by viewing it with:

http://213.239.184.200/webmail

instead of

http://carolinabaymedia.com/webmail

until the paths are fixed.

John

Back