Upper Case in email address for forwarding

kleucht

Verified User
I am new to DirectAdmin, so please bear with me. I was trying to add Forwarders this morning to my account and ran into two problems.

1) I couldn't figure out how to forward to multiple email addresses. The error message about "no spaces" is a bit confusing and is output for all errors, even when no spaces were used in the form. I figured out the comma trick by browsing this Forum, but this is so basic, it should probably be spelled out in the actual Forwarders GUI.

2) I could not get it to accept my official work email address, which has some upper case characters in it. "[email protected]" Again, the error said "no spaces" even though I hadn't put in any spaces. I thought it might be not liking the period character. But then after reading some forums, I realized that DirectAdmin does not like capital letters in email addresses. Why not? They are legal, right? At a minimum, maybe you could add "no caps" to the standard "no spaces" error message.

Thanks for listening, and you have created a great product!!!!! Keep up the great work!

Kurt

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll clean that bit up and allow caps for forwarder values :)

John

Gosh that was sure easy! I wish my hosting service support was that responsive!

Thanks again,
Kurt

Back