forms are frustrating!

mrs_howl

I have been trying to get a form on my site and have no luck.
I tried the phpform generator, but that isn't working... It keeps defaulting the user to APACHE instead of mine, and I don't see how to change it... so it won't upload it properly...

NOW, I am just trying to get an email form up, but can't even do that!
I have everything in the form, that I want...
It is just WHERE do I upload it to? CGI-bin?? WHat permissions need be set?

Thank you anyone who can help!

what form is that? perl or php?

i believe you can put it anywhere within /public_html or /private_html, as long as it is accesible by public. i believe it needs to have permission 755 in order to works.

Hi,

We have a dead simple form to email script you are welcome to use.

http://www.matrixxhosting.com/downloads/process.zip

Create your webpage with a form on and then make the form action "process.php"

In the process.php file amend the 'email to' details and 'subject line' details in the process script and also amend the 'thankyoupage' url and you're done.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Thanks for trying to help!

I tried what you said Rob...

so I opened the process.php in notepad, changed the email, subject, and thank you to mine....

then I copied it all and pasted it in my html...
but it "shows"
so I am putting it in the wrong place???

I have created the forms using php...

Do I need to upload something else?? An actual script??
to where the form is on my site??

Thanks again!
I've been pulling my hair out over this!!!!!
Seems so simple... but..... aaarrggggg

once you've amended the process.php file upload it to your webspace. Don't include it in the html page with your form in it.

Then view the source code of your form and make the form action "process.php" e.g.: <form name="form1" method="post" action="process.php">

Hope this helps,

Rob

Moved to Off-Topic Discussion because the thread is not about DirectAdmin.

Thanks for the help Rob.

For those who prefer to use a perl script rather than PHP, we have a secure one here.

Jeff

It WORKS!

yeaaaaaaaa

It finally works!!!!!

Thank you so much!

Such an easy thing when everything is in the right place!!!

I really appreciate the help!

Thanks again!!!!

Hope you have a fabulous day!

:D :D :D

matrixx said:
once you've amended the process.php file upload it to your webspace. Don't include it in the html page with your form in it.

Then view the source code of your form and make the form action "process.php" e.g.: <form name="form1" method="post" action="process.php">

Hope this helps,

Rob

Sorry to crash the thread,

This is a great script but can I get it to work so that I can reply to sender?

Or am I missing something?

Rgds
Steve

Thank You!

Hi,

We have a dead simple form to email script you are welcome to use.

http://www.matrixxhosting.com/downloads/process.zip

Create your webpage with a form on and then make the form action "process.php"

In the process.php file amend the 'email to' details and 'subject line' details in the process script and also amend the 'thankyoupage' url and you're done.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Hello - I'm Stan, and I"m a psychologist setting up a private practice in Macau. I've been pulling my hair out over online registration for my clients, and thanks to the process.php it works now!!!!

Cheers!

Stan

help please

ok the person that did our website doesnt do it anymore, so i'm in charge of it now. when i upload a file is there some way to save it? because it wont stay there. please email me help at [email protected]
Thank you.:)

ok the person that did our website doesnt do it anymore, so i'm in charge of it now. when i upload a file is there some way to save it? because it wont stay there. please email me help at [email protected]
Thank you.:)
nevets01,

What do you mean? What has this post got to do with this thread?

Is there a reason you've posted on the DirectAdmin forums? Is your website hosted on a DirectAdmin-based server? What is your domain name?

You've made basically the same post to a different thread as well; i've removed it as a duplicate. If you're going to be a part of DirectAdmin forums please be nice and not post duplicates.

Thanks.

Jeff

Back