Christmas Wish List

hostpc.com

Verified User
With 4 active, fully populated DA servers, I'm bringing a wishlist of requests from my users (and myself) in order of most requested niceties.

1. Server side nightly Backups, without user intervention, hopefully with the option to copy them off server.

1A. Jailed SSH/CGI so we can offer SSH access again, and actually sleep at night :)

2. Search by Domain, built into the control panel.

3. The ability to change a username for a site after the site's account has been created. As far as I can see, the only way an account's username can be changed now is to delete the account and start over.

4. The ability to change user data (ie email address) without logging in as the user to do it.

5. Is there any way to extend the timeout feature of web gui for da? 2 people have complained to me that they cannot even finish typing their e-mail in and it times out? Or squirrelmail/uebimail times out before they can complete their messages.

I consider #1 to be "the" most important, the rest are niceties that hopefully would be considered for future releases.

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy and Safe Holiday season - with Direct Admins help, next year will be even more prosperous for this industry! Thanks DA!

Joe

Last edited:
I would love at least option 1 on ur wish list to be included. I have a few wishes of my own, i will dig them out from the support e-mails and post them

jason

Hi Guy,

Re: #5:
The DA timeout for a connection is set in the Admin Panel -> Admin Settings -> Timeout (seconds).

For php session, edit the /usr/local/lib/php.ini and change:
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
to a higher number. (currently set to 24 minutes)

Santa.

1. Server side nightly Backups, without user intervention, hopefully with the option to copy them off server.

This will be a very valuable tool...

Back