Problems with uebimiau

MagnuM

Verified User
Hello,

I just installed uebimiau in a folder of my domain.
I did it because I need to have uebimiau working with $mail_server_type = "ONE-FOR-EACH", which gives the posibility for a user to enter only the email username when login, not the full email address. And I just design a new theme, with 2 languages and no other themes available.

If I run it from my home computer which is on Win XP, the webmail is working fine, because it has no problem with writing file and dirs in the temporary dir.

But when it is on the Linux server, where I have the DA installed, there are some errors, and the first of them is:

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 503 is not allowed to access /var owned by uid 0 in /home/some_user/domains/some_domain.com/public_html/mail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1412

The uebimiau tmp directory is: /var/www/html/webmail/tmp/.
Can someone tell me what to do?

Had the same problem on my server, just edit the httpd.conf file so that safe_mode is turned off for the domain that's running the webmail, Smarty really doesn't wanna work with safe_mode turned on (at least here)...

The latest version of DA no longer uses safe_mode for the default templates, so upgrade to 1.20.2 and then the site should work. It was causing too many problems. Hosts can still use it, they'll just need to set it up in the templates.

John

Back