need some advise on hosting panels

kilobit

Verified User
Hello, me and my business partner were looking at hosting panels and i really liked direct admin, however my partner discovered http://www.zervex.com and it does everything that direct admin can do (appears that way) and is half the price. I need any information i can get about this tossup of control panels. Please leave me your suggestions on which has more features, etc or anything else you can think of.
Thanks

I recommend DirectAdmin, but that's biased.

I would suggest giving the demos a try and decide for yourself. If you have a spare server you might be able to get a trial license to install and try on your server then make your decision.

I have never heard of Zervex.

DA has been around for somewhere around three years and has a vibrant user community. Zervex may have the same.

One of DA's most important features is it's flexibility; you can use it with almost any version of any of the supported software.

Can you do that with Zervex?

Have you asked the same question on their forums?

Jeff

You will only get biased answers on this forum as we all love DirectAdmin :)

Maybe try asking aswell on www.webhostingtalk.com but they will probably try to convince you to get cpanel (yuck).

You could try out a monthly licence of DA for $29 and see if you like it?

Steve

I personally like directadmin, and i have already purchased the 30-day. I just dont see anything wrong with the demo at zervex. According to archive.org theve been around since 2001 but have not had any real updates untill last year (2005). Another thing that kind of scares me is the forum size for a company thats been around that long. Its very Ify but i will try the demo and see if it compares to DA.

Back