Mail won't send

l0rdphi1

Verified User
When I try to send an email to an address that's not on my server (using PHP's mail() or Outlook), the mail message will never be received.

Sending via Outlook results [always] in an "Mail delivery failed" message. If it helps any, from the failed message I can see it was
Received: from dsl-208-240-239-109.crls0.rtr.pa.net ([208.240.239.109] helo=oreithyia)
by server1.liquenox.net with asmtp (Exim 3.36 #1)
id 19UFGT-0006BY-00
for [email protected]; Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:32:57 -0700
. Also, trying to send to one address gave me
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
host mxa.ctinetworks.com [205.166.61.189]: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [65.60.32.140] blocked using rbl.pa.net; 5106:
We do not accept mail from your domain. Please contact your Mail Administrator.
as the reason why they wouldn't accept the email.

When I try sending with PHP the address I send it to just never gets the email.

Any ideas?

Phi1.

Last edited:
Okay this is really annoying. People aren't even getting 'account setup' emails.

Meh.

Hello,

I've added your new hostname to the /etc/virtual/domains file. Exim makes sure that the domain is on the server by looking in that file. Also, /etc/virtual/server.hostname.com/ cannot exist (where server.hostname.com is the server's hostname)... else, all system mail will be caught by "hostname"'s catch-all.

See if it works now, if not, send us an email at [email protected]

John

If there is anyone else who seems to be having this problem, make sure your hostname resolves properly. You should be able to type your hostname into your web browser and see something apache generates. It should also resolve locally:
> dig `hostname`
should give you your server's ip.

If you are uncomfortable with making these types of changes, let us know and we'll help you out :)

John

I have the same problem. Is it possible to fix this?

My error on [email protected] with webmail:
It was not possible to send this e-mail

SMTP Error: Invalid username/password

Back

I get this wenn I'm logged on to webmail and click on sent

Hello,

If you're using your system email, try changing your DirectAdmin password, then change it back. This will create a ~/.shadow file if it doesn't exist.

Failing that, send an email to [email protected] with all of your info.

John

Then follow the rest of the advice given, and contact DirectAdmin support.

Jeff

Back