MySQL 4.1.18

eSology

Verified User
MySQL 4.1.18 -- heard it has some serious performance improvements over the DA bundled 4.1.14.

Anyone upgraded to 4.1.18 who is running FreeBSD 5.4?

Thanks for the reply. Upgraded...took no official measurements; however, my vBulletin forum seems more responsive.

Hi All

how did you upgrade? from the /usr/local/directadmin/scripts?

FREEBSD 5 :)

Hi

until i started using directadmin i did everything from ports, but now i get this in the when i do a pkg_version -v

this is for exim

exim-4.60-1 ? orphaned: mail/da_exim

i cant find mysql when i do a pkg_version -v

Freebsd5
:confused:

Exim is something special. For mysql, you have to install it from ports first before you will be able to upgrade.

I understand this but directadmin installed its own software, how do i get rid of the directadmin one and install one from ports and make sure it all works.

FreeBsd 5

You hire an admin :D
More seriously, I don't have the exact procedure, but any experienced admin can do this easily.

this isnt about experianced admin this is about directadmin , i can install mysql like i have on my other colo servers no problem, wether its going to work with directadmin is another thing.What i need to know is how to remove the directadmin mysql and any scripts that need to be removed/linked? . I have to say i dont undertstand why directadmin didnt build the freebsd version from the ports, would have made like so much easier to upgrade/maintain.

ok

i downloaded 4.1.1.8 from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.1.html

stop mysqld

mv /usr/local/mysql to /usr/local/mysqlbackup

untar new file to /usr/local/mysql

chown -R mysql:mysql mysql

move /usr/local/mysql/data to /usr/local/mysql/databackup

then ln -sf /home/mysql data

and restart mysqld

u can find /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/mysql.sh which will help you.

seems to work.

Anyone think of anything i have missed?

Last edited:
Back