SquirrelMail Customization

CCSI

Verified User
I would like my clients to use SquirrelMail for their webmail.

I have read the posts and changed httpd.conf so that www.domain.com/webmail points to SquirrelMail (works just fine)

Problem: Webmail for Nuts

Funny as it sounds, some of my clients would be offended and end up not using our services thinking that I am calling them a "nut" (behind closed doors I might do that once in a while ):D :D )

Anyway, I read somewhere that you can just edit the sm_logo.png file in the SquirrelMail directory and all users will get the new graphic. I have done that, but haven't had any luck with it changing.

Very confusing... I do a locate sm_logo.png as root (current context is root also) and the only file it locates is the one that I changed.... but when you go to www.domain.com/webmail it still shows the old graphic.

If you right click to save as... the file name is sm_logo.png (but it isn't the same one that I changed)

HELP PLEASE!

thanks in advance

David

You've replaced the graphic here:

/var/www/html/squirrelmail/images/sm_logo.png

??

That should be all that is necessary for the new graphic to appear.

Joe

you can modify the whole look of that frontpage by modifying the index.php in /var/www/html/squirrelmail/ also :)

Chris

HostPC,

I was changing the graphic at:

/usr/share/squirrelmail/images

not

/var/www/html/squirrelmail/images

Once I did what you said, WHALLA!

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris,

I'll look into that (one more thing I can mess up and then post here for ya'll to fix)

Thanks guys!

David

just reference to anyone who does not already know, /var/www/html from root can be accessed from

://YOURSERVERIP/

so you are also able to upload anything you want on the server IP there :)

Chris

Back