Set time through DirectAdmin?

SlashChick

Verified User
Is there a way to set the time and date through DirectAdmin and also set up a NTP server for time synchronization?

If not, this would be a cool feature to have.

Thanks!

I have to agree on this. I would love this, be it automagic (sync) or not (button-press). :D

i'd rather see complex important features complete. This to me is another feature making DA more CPanel like. For a start, its probably only once you will need to do it, is there a need to have a feature built into a control for many years when you need only sync it once?

Chris

When you first boot up a RaQ4, one of the things it prompts you to do is set the time and enter a NTP server for automatic time synchronization. So, no, it is not more "cPanel-like"... it's more RaQ-like. The RaQ UI was the epitome of simplicity, yet it still gave you the option to set the time. Therefore, I don't believe this feature is extraneous or overkill.

I'm gearing up to start a massive DirectAdmin push for our virtual and dedicated hosting customers. As a server admin, and as one of the few remaining RaQ devotees out there, I would like to see DirectAdmin fill out its feature list so I don't feel like I'm missing anything when we move customers from our last remaining RaQs to DirectAdmin. This is just another one of those little missing features that we had a former RaQ user complain about. The fewer of those I see with DirectAdmin, the better, and the more DirectAdmin licenses I can sell with our dedicated servers.

SlashChick said:
When you first boot up a RaQ4, one of the things it prompts you to do is set the time and enter a NTP server for automatic time synchronization. So, no, it is not more "cPanel-like"... it's more RaQ-like.

What I meant by 'CPanel like' is the fact that CPanel has been crammed full of pointless features, and the time feature would add to the ongoing list CPanel has.

Basically, I believe DA would be far better off concentrating on important features, not one-off things like setting the time zone on a server. That is something id expect a server administartor to know and do.

I believe it was brough up in another thread, regarding phone calls. that DA dont expect to administer your server, but rather provide you with a platform for both you and your customers to control and manage their websites. Simple theory i think.

To sum that up into 1 line, I would rather sync the time, as it's done currently (not through DA) and never have to see the menu again, simply due to the fact I do not need it after it has been setup.

Chris

Back