Barracuda Networks

CCSI

Verified User
Barracuda Networks produces a fairly new device just out on the market. It is a hardware device that checks for viruses and filters spam.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Those of you interested.... there site is www.barracudanetworks.com

Let's here some opinions....

I went ahead and purchased one on a 30 day demo.

Seems to work great, but I am guessing that spamassasin and mailscanner will do an adequate job too, and they are free.

I have noticed readings of this thread, yet no responses.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this device?

Dave

I've never heard of it myself. A hardware virus scanner sounds like a good idea to save cpu resources, but the software options are adequate for most purposes.

John

I have to tell you from a person that deploys at least 2 Barracuda's per week and maintains 75+ of them, they really are awesome !

They catch spam very well, although they take some time to figure out and help them learn with the basien filtering, but in the end they block more spam than any other solution I have ever used.

Here are the stats from a customer of mine who has 500 real e-mail addressed / users, bare in mind we deployed this around 60 days ago.

Email Statistics [inbound]

Total Day Hour

Blocked 114,793 3,555 149
Blocked: Virus 2,352 52 2
Quarantined 181 3 0
Allowed: Tagged 1,190 0 0
Allowed 18,770 304 6

Total Received 137,286 3,914 157

Daily Stats :
daily_stats_chart.png

Hourly Stats Chart:
stats_chart.png

seriously, yea 75+ of them !

My cusomers gripe about the price to be honest, but i tell them spam will almost all but come to a halt once it is online and operational...

They work very good, if setup properly ! Almost too good actually ! lol

Back