Streaming Media... recommendations?

nhouse

Verified User
Hello Everyone...
I am new to this forum and did a quick search without many results. So, if you have a moment please share your experiences with me. I have a potential client that wishes to do a live streaming audio / video event once a year. This would be around a 8 hour event produced by the said client... who is a non-profit, by the way.

I don't have any experience in this type of thing, so please suggest the solution that would be the easiest to setup and manage for them. Of course, they are very cost conscious.

Thanks for YOur Help!

Randy in Tennessee

Not really anything to do with DirectAdmin itself, the answer would be shoutcast, darwin streaming server and there are also 1 or 2 others.

Chris

Thanks for the heads up... I'll look at ShoutCast. I know that This isn't probably a DA thing but I thought that some of you folks may have experience in using this in your websites and integrating it through the DA environment? Does DA / Red Hat have the necessary libraries, etc. to weave it into a website?

Thanks again! Any other suggestions?

Im 90% certain DA will run ShoutCast, if you wanted to put it under a sites quota you would need to get the root privileges at user level, probably the easiest way of doing that would be getting root to setup for the user.

Alternatively, if you want bandwidth measured, but not under a sites quota i would suggest creating an MRTG CFG file to measure it directly from the port which im again sure can be done.

Chris

Back