Broadcasting live tv etc

You'll need a streaming server. Quicktime has one. Real Networks has one. There are probably others.

You'll find them expensive and bandwidth intensive.

Which is why live streaming is generally considering a specialty.

Of course if all you want to is something like a webcame you'll find limited software generally comes with the webcam.

Jeff

Thanks, point taken :) This is anyway a "like to learn how to" more than "must have". I have all the software +++ but i don´t know how to make things work (from camera to domain)

I work at a webcasting company. We stream live video events from around the world.

Hardlines Webcasting

Typically, the software makes everything fairly simple. The events we produce have a large number of concurrent viewers, so we use Akamai for providing the bandwidth.

Basically, the software itself is the "server", so you'll have to punch a hole in your firewall, etc.. You set up your camera, connect it to your computer, configure your video settings (bitrate, resolution, etc), and hit publish. Users can then connect to your computer to watch the stream.

With Akamai, it's basically the same, but instead of the users connecting to your machine, Akamai's servers connect to get the stream, then they redistribute it to the end users. There is a fair bit of configuring to do to initiate a new stream through them.

If you are interested in hiring someone to produce a webcast event, please consider us. We are very experienced, and have resonable rates.

Thank´s for making it easyer to understand. And, if i need a provider of this kind of service, i´ll defenetly consider you :)

I wanted to add that Apple also has a free streamer which you can use for small streams and for playing.

I believe it's called Darwin.

Jeff

Heard of that,,, Either way i realize that whitout a professioanal solution, this is very bandwith-consuming..

Even with a professional solution it can be very bandwidth intensive.

The difference is that then it's someone else's bandwidth :) .

Jeff

Back