Billing/Management

Two_A_T

Verified User
Hey everyone!

I haven't heard much on the billing/management front lately. Any news?

I've also got a suggestion if it's possible. I'd like to see a desktop application that will run under Win 9x/XP/2K that will interact with the billing database. Something that when run, would be able to pull stats, billing info, customer info, etc. I have heard of similar applications for MS Access type DB's (mdb) so that it can interact with databases on a Win based server through MS Access. Is something like this possible?

Just curious :)

I've thought about doing something like that for another purpose, but I'm not sure about the benefits.

Why go to the bother of all that programming and interface design, when you can just fire up IE and do it over the web.. from any OS?

It's not that I think it wouldn't be cool, just can't think of tangible benefits.

primarily for backup reasons.

If for some reason my internet connection or the server is down and I can't connect to the data, I'll still have all customer data (contact info, status, etc) available on my pc. That way, if a customer calls on the phone, I can pull up their account from the local database and any changes that I make will be sync'd when I get back online :)

Never know.. could come in handy

I have seen it used with livesupport programs written in PPH, unfortunately the scripts seem very expensive which more than likely means lots of work was involved with the making.

If i could do it, i would have a go at making something for it but my skills of developing applications that are in my opinion external to the internet do not exist. My coding skills are php, javascript (due to javascriptsource.com :D ) and HTML. Every other thing you see used by me is more than likely available at hotscripts.com

Anyway, i will need to speak to DA Mark and SH Mark to discuss the billing app we have planned to see how it will go...... at the moment nothing has been confirmed and im only at the early stages of the normal php script anyway, as soon as i get some info i will keep you updated. (there are lots of things being down to DA at the moment so may be time... ;) )

Back