convert from vm-pop to dovecot howto?

freakie said:
yes, i did. works like a charm. be sure not to start the conversion 3 times like i did. then you end up with identical e-mails :p

hehe ok. I'm doing it on a fresh da system, so it should go painless :D

Question. If you create a new DA system with Dovecot, can you move customers from the mbox system over to the new one without having to do any conversion? Or will the backup/restore utility bring over the mbox?

Big Wil

just to note, I have a fully working dovecot system on my box....I'm going to try to bring over some Maildir messages from my old qmail system, and load them into dovecot.

Well the result of that would be very helpful since I still have that one machine to convert shortly. Please keep me posted.

Big Wil

Hi there.

Where i can reach those 'build' scripts that are mentioned above?

Regards.

LukaszTMM said:
Hi there.

Where i can reach those 'build' scripts that are mentioned above?

Regards.

I saw somewhere on these boards that there'll be an upgrade to the scripts on March 27th. (Don't remember exactly where...I might be wrong). In that case, I'd wait until Monday.

I've got that error wjen running ./build dovecot

root@new# ./build dovecot
Installing dovecot 1.0.beta3 ...
*** Cannot find /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/dovecot-1.0.beta3.tar.gz. Aborting ***

Do I have to download it manually? (FreeBSD 6.0)

OK, I downloaded myself this and other dovecot files.
SOme glitches with installation, but finally it's working.

Last edited:
glad to hear you have it working. I still haven't had a chance to try moving some messages over. I will post back when I am able to test that out :)

woyteck said:
I've got that error wjen running ./build dovecot

root@new# ./build dovecot
Installing dovecot 1.0.beta3 ...
*** Cannot find /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/dovecot-1.0.beta3.tar.gz. Aborting ***

Do I have to download it manually? (FreeBSD 6.0)

OK, I downloaded myself this and other dovecot files.
SOme glitches with installation, but finally it's working.

Yes, i did that and dovecot has been build with only one problem at the end:

cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/dovecot.conf': No such file or directory

Is that normal? Should i ignore this error and continue to next step?

Another error:

./build: line 2008: /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/exim.conf.dovecot.patch: No such file or directory

Where i can find those files?

My DA is in version 1.26.3

Regards.

LukaszTMM said:
Another error:

./build: line 2008: /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/exim.conf.dovecot.patch: No such file or directory

Where i can find those files?

My DA is in version 1.26.3

Regards.

sorry for mess ;-) i find them on files.directadmin.com. poor me ;-) sorry again.

regards.

So are all the issues with imap folders and message time/date being changed fixed now for the following way to convert?

./build update
./build update_dovecot
./build dovecot
./build todovecot

Thanks for input.

Back