phpmyadmin 2.80 available

You can't just drop in the 2.7.0 config.inc.php and continue working as if nothing happened... i'm not sure yet what changes are required in that file to make 2.8.0 work again.

Error "Access denied" directly after opening the phpmyadmin page.

Floris

I had the same experience, so I tried the free upgrade part in JTbox and everything work okay

JTbox

2.8.0 no longer has a dist config file it assumes defaults unless you insert config changes. So the phpmyadmin upgrade script many have been using will no longer work.

Yea, that's it. I was using that upgrade script i found on this forum. By the way: the upgrade script that DA delivers does work (doh!)

Floris

Hi!

I have upgraded to PMA 2.8.0.1 (yes, there is such a thing released) as usual, but the part related to the custom config... in regards to that, instead of modifying the file I just created a file named config.inc.php in the PMA root directory, with the following contents:

PHP:
<?php

/* Servers configuration */
$i = 0;

/* Server localhost (http) [1] */
$i++;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = true;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = '';

/* End of servers configuration */

$cfg['PmaNoRelation_DisableWarning'] = true;
?>

No problems so far. ;)

Re: phpMyAdmin 2.8.0.1 released

empoweri said:
Like I said.. Wait until they make it stable :)

this isnt a beta or RC it is a actual release. But has no security fixes over the latest 2.7 so isnt an essential upgrade if you use php 4.x.

look, this is how my pma looks like starting from 2.7
i should downgrade to 2.6.4-pl4

Attachments

• pma.jpg
    pma.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 569
Re: Re: phpMyAdmin 2.8.0.1 released

Chrysalis said:
this isnt a beta or RC it is a actual release. But has no security fixes over the latest 2.7 so isnt an essential upgrade if you use php 4.x.

Yes just because it's 'released' doesn't mean it's stable and/or secure.

hehachris said:
look, this is how my pma looks like starting from 2.7
i should downgrade to 2.6.4-pl4

I have the same problem and have used the config.inc.php submitted from markus but still no style on the phpmyadmin?

Jon

Your PMA probably looks that way because you are using it over an SSL connection. I have the same problem, but if I use a non-ssl connection it shows with the tables etc, as it should.

I'm not sure how to fix it either, but I'm sure it relates to the SSL connection since it works fine over non-ssl :confused:

But ssl is the default setup for DA so has something changed since the introdction of 2.7. Can someone help with this using a ssl connection?

Jon

Yes and posted that I have tried the config.inc.php file. Somehow with a bit of noodling I have managed to get it up and running so thanks all the same.

Jon

I spoke to early. I was looking at a cached session and when I opened phpmyadmin again it's back to the unstyled shape. ::mad:

Jon

Back