perl location?

earthbound

I'm trying to get my cgi scripts to run and noticed that my website is missing the usr/bin/perl directory. Should I be asking my admin for that or is there a DirectAdmin site that I can download the files from?

Hello,

The directory should already be there, but you won't see it through the filemanager because you are chrooted to your /home/username directory. Just make sure all your scripts have:

#!/usr/bin/perl

at the top.

John

Im guessing you've come from ensim, which shows you all such directories in a weird way. Dont worry if you cant see it, your use directory is /home/[username]/ and thats all you can see when you use ftp or directadmin file man. All the other folders you are used to seeing DO exists, just not in a way you can see :)

all my scripts do have the #!/usr/bin/perl in them and when I try to load them up (it's for YaBB) to do the settings I'm getting a 403 error. Says it can find the cgi form, just can't run it. I have permissions set to 755 and uploaded ascii so that shouldn't be a problem. My friend is the one with the DirectAdmin account though and I think he may not have perl installed cause even though it shows it in the list of apache installed modules it does not show Perl in the running applications. I'm waiting for him to give me SSH access so I can do a whereis and see if it is really there.

To check what perl modules you currently have download a script named 'perldiver'

Is YaBB still supported btw? i thought the CGI version went unsupported a fair while back and php is coming up to its end now, with YaBB switching over to SimpleMachines.

Chris

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /perldiver.cgi on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.spuntoronto.com Port 80

that is the error I'm getting. Trying to run the perldiver program and the modules it's asking for... I'm missing 2.

Module::Info

Pod2::Html

dunno, still waiting to have SSH for the server as I seriously think there's something wrong with the Perl on the server I'm using.

ok got the old version of perldiver to work. I guess the perl version the the server is not the newest. Will rectify. Thanks for your help guys!

R

Back