spamassassin 3.1.1

modem said:
John from DA has now made SpamAssassin 3.1.1 available on the http://files.directadmin.com/services/9.0 folder. I just upgraded to it.

I have currently Spamassassin 3.1.0 installed so I guess the upgrade is only a minor one.

What is the best way to upgrade?
Do I need to run the script spam.sh again from the DA scripts directory?

I have also noticed the "update.sh" script.
Will this update all scripts or it is used by the DA web GUI?

Ximmer said:
I have currently Spamassassin 3.1.0 installed so I guess the upgrade is only a minor one.

What is the best way to upgrade?
Do I need to run the script spam.sh again from the DA scripts directory?

I have also noticed the "update.sh" script.
Will this update all scripts or it is used by the DA web GUI?

I second this question, can you give us an answer?

Thanks,
Phil

vandal said:
if you want to know download the zip or tar and read the "Changes" file.

Correct, but...
Can you also give a hint how-to perform the upgrade?
Specially in relation to the DA program.

I am not sure if there are any limitations which might cause a problem in the configuration of DA and Spamassassin.

all you have to do is edit /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/spam.sh and change the version at the top then run it.

That's it.

vandal said:
all you have to do is edit /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/spam.sh and change the version at the top then run it.

That's it.

Changing the spam.sh and editing the release to 3.1.1 worked.
I don't really like this method of upgrading however.

I hope something can be done to make upgrading parts of DA a little bit easier.
I.e. something like running a command as "upgrade spamassassin", which in turn looks for the latest spamassassin on the DA ftp site following by the installation of the new parts.

Running this script certainly does a lot of changes! And I have no idea what. Kindof scares me.

open it up and read it. All it does is install the required perl modules that spam assasin needs to run.

Ximmer said:
Changing the spam.sh and editing the release to 3.1.1 worked.
I don't really like this method of upgrading however.

I hope something can be done to make upgrading parts of DA a little bit easier.
I.e. something like running a command as "upgrade spamassassin", which in turn looks for the latest spamassassin on the DA ftp site following by the installation of the new parts.

My personal opinion is when DA put the software on DA server is 100% compatible :D

Back