DNS reseller Package

subhosting

Verified User
An "dns" reseller package with only the option to add , modify and delete domains to the dns

no web , no email , nothing else ;) just DNS services

i'am currently offering this to my cutomers with powerdns
but if somthing like that could be in DA it would be Super !!!

Je kunt eenvoudig de skin aanpassen, een script maken met de API of een van de meer ervaren DA mensen betalen om dat te doen. (ie: l0rdphi1, prowebuk, of ik)

making a new skin for your site design and just DNS would be dead easy.

phriendly-Mark said:
Je kunt eenvoudig de skin aanpassen, een script maken met de API of een van de meer ervaren DA mensen betalen om dat te doen. (ie: l0rdphi1, prowebuk, of ik)

Explain :D

Yeah duh ofcource if you make it your selve everything is possible ;) ,

but thats not what i need or even want. ;)

just the basic skin and an option for an user that only has dns services i think that many would proffit from this,

now only the admin kan make dns record resellers or users can only do it on domains that have an package. ( if i'm not mistaken )

just as one of the options of DA....

ahhh, i understand now!

what you could do is create an admin with a custom skin... only an admin has these features, so if you made them with the custom skin they wouldnt be able to do anything else anyway...

yeah but thats not what i am suggesting,

i'm suggesting that this will be an default option in DA since
there are many providers offering DNS services at the moment.

whe have about about 1400 dns customers at the moment
just an domain registration and online dns managment.
currently with power DNS and power Admin....

would be nice to offer an alternative like direct DNS admin ;)

so ill guess that in the next update there will be an
ADD DNS USER
in the menu ;) heheheheh

i dont think that this would be added to DA, simply because they are creating this as a web hosting application. Im ready to eat my words though if it gets added in :)

no i would like to give the customers some more options than just webhosting. there are a bit too many just webhosters in this world ;)

web hosting
email hosting
application hosting
dns hosting
shell hosting
irc hosting
vps ( jails , user mode linux )
and many more things

Funny enough, I would like to see this option too.

Is there any news on this?

Neil :D

There have been a few requests to limit accounts to only certain things, ie: email only, dns only, website only .. etc.. I think that would be something that would be put into DA 2.0 (whenever it happens), but probably won't be implmented for quite some time. We'll need to be happy with version 1.x, then lock it down (minus bug fixes) so that I can move onto creating the new monster :D.

John

ok great,

so lock it down and gimme 2.x ;)

heheheh

great to hear this i'm looking forward to when ever 2.x will arive.

Back