How do I Restart direct admin through ssh?

White Sox

Verified User
My direct admin appears to be "down"
Sites are loading, but i can't access direct admin.

What Operating system?

Try service directadmin restart or /etc/init.d/directadmin restart

If DirectAdmin fails to start try executing the binary directly to see what the problem is.
cd /usr/local/directadmin
./directadmin

The above instructions don't work for me.

How do you restart it in FreeBSD?

The above instructions don't work for me.

How do you restart it in FreeBSD?

You should know this if you choose FreeBSD as your platform. Without basic server knowledge you'll probably run into many more problems.

Try: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/directadmin restart

(It's a pretty old post tho, so this is just for the googlers)

You should know this if you choose FreeBSD as your platform. Without basic server knowledge you'll probably run into many more problems.

Try: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/directadmin restart

(It's a pretty old post tho, so this is just for the googlers)

You do not need the full path to the init script. FreeBSD now has a service script that works the same as Linux that checks init scripts in /etc/rc.d and /usr/local/etc/rc.d

You can simply do:

Code:
service directadmin restart

You do not need the full path to the init script. FreeBSD now has a service script that works the same as Linux that checks init scripts in /etc/rc.d and /usr/local/etc/rc.d

#3 said it didn't work for him, so maybe his version of FreeBSD didn't have it yet.

If you're not sure which OS you're running, you can also run this, which would be a completely OS independent:
Code:
echo "action=directadmin&value=restart" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.cb
/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq d20 --custombuild
where the purpose of the task.queue.cb the --custombuild options are so that the dataskq skips the task.queue if it exists (in case there are backup tasks).
This would mainly be handy for scripts to run on any OS.

Related:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1431

Gary

I changed from DirectAdmin Panel, after login, on right top, over the username, I clicked on Skin Option and change the info: Date & Time Format to yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm and it solve my problem.

Screenshot from 2022-06-14 20-29-10.png

Back