Is DirectAdmin something for me?

aleborg

Verified User
Hi!

Today I'm using Confixx as controlpanel but it sucks big time, so now I'm looking around for a new CP and found DirectAdmin.

I'm using Debian, Sendmail, Apache 1.3.27, PHP 4.3.2, MySQL 4.0.15 and Confixx 2.0.11
Can I give my customers SSH access?
Is there a "live signup" page or API that can be used?
Is there anyway to migrate my existing customers from Confixx to DirectAdmin?

I think that at the moment, it may not be a panel suitable for your needs.

aleborg said:
I'm using Debian

At the moment DirectAdmin does not support Debian, It has been brought up many times and im sure they are due to start development on a Debian version sometime soon.

aleborg said:
Can I give my customers SSH access?

Most certainly can, although at the moment I believe users are nor currently jailed to their directory, until this is sorted or you can do this its probably not too good of an idea unfortunately.

aleborg said:
Is there a "live signup" page or API that can be used?

DirectAdmin comes packaged with an intergrated API that allows you to basically do anything, from create email accounts from a form on your website to create your own custom panel in another location on your server. If your question was faced towards licening, then no you must manually place orders and licenses cannot currently be resold (i think you may be able to resell normal priced licenses - $299, although internal licenses cannot)

aleborg said:
Is there anyway to migrate my existing customers from Confixx to DirectAdmin?

Unfortunately without creating a script to do this its a case of manually switching unfortunately, I suggest when converting data you compress a directory and wget it from your second server.

Chris

If you post up a dummy backup of a users account, we can always look though it :) It may be something simple to restore.

If you are willing to move to redhat then there should be no reason why not to come to DirectAdmin. There are pleanty of people ready to help you on the forums here.

Back