Any way to browse the IMAP tree?

NightStorm

I've been having a lot of problems with one particular IMAP account (a large one) migrated from an Ensim server to the new DA server. For example when first created the INBOX would not receive any email. Deleting, renaming, etc of the account and IMAP tree eventually seemed to bring back the INBOX to a working state. But the whole account has been problematic ever sense. Which brings me to my question:

Why cannot I use the DA admin panel's file manager to navigate into the IMAP folder (I can only go down to the imap/<domain>/<user>/ level and no further)? I'd like to be able to go into the folder as I could on the Ensim so as to get an idea of what is going on at the server end of things.

Have you tried looking with ftp?

If you cant see the directory just cd to /imap/

ftp> cd /imap/
ftp> ls

or if you use a GUI, just set the location to /imap/

Yes, I have. But the ftp home is not in the area where the imap files are kept. Below the home are simply the public_html and public_ftp directories.

NightStorm said:
Yes, I have. But the ftp home is not in the area where the imap files are kept. Below the home are simply the public_html and public_ftp directories.

Well that was dumb. My fingers are so used to typing my normal-user name that I logged in via ftp with that instead of as my "administrator" name.

Anyway ... when logged in properly I still cannot get into the imap/<domain>/<user>/mail account as I get permission denied.

You can always just use imap for your "administrator" email account. You'll be able to see all domains and inboxes (but not their imap folders such as saved drafts etc.)

John

Back