cPanel->DirectAdmin converter?

SlashChick

Verified User
Are the DA developers working on a cPanel->DirectAdmin converter?

If not, would they mind if I hired someone to write one and then sold it as a third-party addon? :D

This got asked awhile ago and nothing came of it, i think i was the first person to do a cPanel -> DA conversion. Its certainly not fun.

Can you make a dummy site with the following:
- A few files in the public_html dir
- Some email addresses
- A MySQL database or 2 and then install a script in it
- A FTP Account or three
- Cron Jobs (dont have to work)
- AutoResponders
- Sub Domains
- MIME Types / Apache Handlers

Then back it up and offer it to download.

This will at least give people something to work off (and not have any of your clients data revealed/large tarball). Someone may be able to work out where all that garbage goes.

I was going to write this script for Mark and John a few months ago, but I couldn't find the time for it. I plan on doing it soon...my Ensim -> DA converter is done, but there are so many modifcations I made to my own version, that the release I made on the forum should NOT be used. That'll probably need to be redone too.

loopforever - there are several of us, myself included, that would be VERY greatful for a working copy of this script... when you have time of course :)

A Cpanel --> DA transfer tool would be really nice, I am just planning to transfer 300 domains to a DA server ....

TeeDee

phriendly-Mark said:
This got asked awhile ago and nothing came of it, i think i was the first person to do a cPanel -> DA conversion. Its certainly not fun.

Can you make a dummy site with the following:
- A few files in the public_html dir
- Some email addresses
- A MySQL database or 2 and then install a script in it
- A FTP Account or three
- Cron Jobs (dont have to work)
- AutoResponders
- Sub Domains
- MIME Types / Apache Handlers

Then back it up and offer it to download.

This will at least give people something to work off (and not have any of your clients data revealed/large tarball). Someone may be able to work out where all that garbage goes.
Here ya go: http://www.3spades.net/backup-12.26.2003_22-00-32_tester.tar.gz

Last edited:
Back