Customer Support Is Starting To Suck

Gadget

Verified User
I have had two ongoing threads for help in two different locations for 3 days now and neither one of them have a response from anyone. You guys are helping other people but not me someone please look at my threads and help me fix this problem, I'd hate to know I was paying for something I cant even get support for :( The two threads are in "How do I .... (user)" and "DirectAdmin Troubleshooting"

Gadget,

Keep in mind that the forum is for general "how to" requests. Specific problems with your server should be sent to [email protected] (with a detailed description and root/admin passwords). ALL requests to the support e-mail are answered quickly.

In regards to your IRC problem:

I couldn't say why your system keeps "peer"ing users. It might be a network issue. DirectAdmin has no affect whatsoever on seperate daemons running on unrelated ports (6667). Someone with more knowledge in this area would be better suited to help you.

In regards to the FTP problem:

I can connect to FTP (globechat.org) without any timeouts, no server available, or invalid hostname messages. Could you e-mail us more specific error data? e.g. The username, IP you are connecting to, etc.

In regards to the PHP problem:

It is possible that PHP wasn't installed or was installed improperly. We'd need you to e-mail us with your client ID, root password, and permission to work on your system. We can't fix the problem over the forum. :)

Thanks,

Mark

For anyone else reading this thread:

We don't recommend posting important support issues on the forum because...

1. We often don't know who you are (we can't guess at your client ID from your alias).

2. Forum messages aren't checked as frequently as e-mail messages. If the issue is urgent, you can always call us or use our live chat (see the support page).

3. Things we need, such as your admin/root passwords shouldn't be posted on the forum.

4. The information on forum posts often isn't detailed enough to help us determine the problem. E.g. "Service X won't work."

The forum is an excellent tool for gaining support from many of the talented (and helpful) people on here. However, specific support requests should be sent directly to us so we can help you as fast as we can. And we're usually quite fast. :D

Mark

Back