All of my website files are empty...HELP!

Dora Lisa Rosen

I am in dire need of help. I uploaded my files from Dreamweaver MX (Mac) to DirectAdmin. All of the uploaded files are 0KB, and even worse, now all of my website files on my desktop (local source folder) and in dreamwever are now emtpy as well and I have lost all the information. What happened? Is there any way to get all of this information back? PLEASE help, I have lost many weeks worth of work...

This has nothing to do with DirectAdmin; I've moved the post to Off-Topic Discussion.

I'd suggest asking Dreamweaver technical support.

Jeff

Check with your webhost to see if he has any backups that included your account.
If you had any files already on the server before the upload you mite be able to get them back if you or your webhost has any backups prior to your upload.

Gosh Dora, I feel really bad for you. :eek:
Is their any chance you could have uploaded to the wrong directory? If so your work may still be on the server.

For example lets suppose you meant to upload to your public directory, but instead uploaded to your public\someother_directory instead, then later on perhaps you went back in and resynchronized with your website but, with an empty directory; which may be the couse of the missing files on your computer? Are thier any other files missing from your MAC?

I suggest that you start using the backup utility in Direct Admin. Even if your Host does do backups, it is always a good idea to keep your own backups as well.

Good luck -Jason

Back