Bandwith question

AmonRa

Hi there,

From when to when is the traffic calculate program running? Does the user statistics always begin on the first of a month and is it always ending on the 30/31 of a month? Or is it possible to change those dates?

I ask this because i received an email which said that i'm almost reach my limits of bandwith. But it's 1 dec. today. When is the kbytes counter reset?

The bandwidth reset is done by a monthly cron job, so you would get the account reset whenever that takes place.

Chris

I have a user whos bandwidth I am almost 100% sure was not reset. I am currently confirming that, but this user was barely using 3gb of bandwidth per month, and if their stats really were reset, he/she must now be using close to 120gb bandwidth per month, which isn't likely.

I'll reply again shortly.

Yes, I can confirm it did not reset for this user.

How can I go about resetting it manually?

As root:

echo 'action=reset&value=username&type=user' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Chris

Yep, that worked.

It looks as though if an account is locked due to bandwidth usage, the account will not be reset and unlocked when a new month comes around.

Oh well.

I just posted about this in another (a bit older) thread, none of my users were reset.
I've got 482 mb of traffic yesterday (MRTG), and a few users are already above 4 Gb for december, this can't be right...
Did the version update cause this or something ?

ProWebUK said:
As root:

echo 'action=reset&value=username&type=user' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Chris
I was wrong, that only worked until the midnight. Now the user's bandwidth went back to the old value, and the account was relocked.

Now, once again, how do I reset a user's bandwidth?

l0rdphi1 said:
I was wrong, that only worked until the midnight. Now the user's bandwidth went back to the old value, and the account was relocked.

Now, once again, how do I reset a user's bandwidth?

I think the best advice I could currently give you would be to contact official support, it seems very unusual and the reset problems becoming more common around the forum, im sure there may be a bug that DA should know about as soon as possible, either way there are lots of problems running around regarding this at the moment.

I will contact Mark as soon as he gets online, until then, its either send them an email or run the command temporarily until its sorted.

Chris

Hi,

My bandwith is not yet reset this month(already 2 december). It seems pretty normal to have a bandwith reset at the first of the month isn't it?

What can be the problem, and better: what can I do to let it reset?

Just to inform you all, I have contacted Mark with a link to this thread. hopefully he will take a look soon and get something sorted :)

Chris

Yeah I emailed support@ referring them to this thread ASAP. Wonder what's up. No reponce as of yet :(

Hi guys,

echo "action=reset&value=all" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

That will do the trick, but we are going to send out an update within the next hour or three that will fix the problem and refresh stats for everyone, so you don't have to do anything.

Mark

Back