Support Ticket problem

digilexic

Verified User
When I recieve an email from the support ticket system, the link doesn't contain my reseller account domain name, but contains the server.servername.com in the link instead of resellername.com, thus when I click on the link, I get a file not found error. If I manually edit the url portion from server.myserver.com to resellername.com it works fine.

Any Ideas?

Hello,

At the momment the ticket system uses the generic system hostname as specified in the /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf file. It's assumed that the hostname resolves, and if it doesn't, then the link obviously won't work. Try adding the A record for "server" to your dns zone to get it to resolve. Also, many mailserver won't accept mail from a server who's hostname doesn't resolve, so it would probably be beneficial to fix it :)

John

Maybe I wasnt clear.

First of all lets say my server name is server.tomjones.com, however the main domain for the admin is tomjones.com

Lets say as admin I create a reseller account named johnsmith, who has a domain name of johnsmith.com

johnsmith creates a user called bill, who's doamin is bill.com

Bill goes over his bandwidth/diskspace and a ticket is sent to johnsmith, but instead of saying the helpticket is at :

http://johnsmith.com:2222/CMD_TICKET?action=view&number=000000004&type=ticket

it says it is at:

http://server.tomjones.com:2222/CMD_TICKET?action=view&number=000000004&type=ticket

Now to johnsmith, this looks like a big mistake, because according to everything he has been given, he accesses his helptickets at johnsmith.com:2222

Does that make sense?

Yes :) the generic hostname I was referring to would be "server.tomjones.com". I'll look into changing it to the user's domain.

John

Awesome. I am glad you understood because when I went back and read my initial post it even confused me! :)

Also, the message system notification link will now use their domain instead of the system's hostname.

I have a problem with the url's in the message system notification coming in with the domain name only, rather than with a hostname.

This is my scenario:
I have more than directadmin server, for example:
server1.mydomain.com
server2.mydomain.com

When I get a message system notification, the url included will be:
mydomain.com:2222/CMD_TICKET

It should be server1.mydomain.com so I can be pointed to the correct hosting server.

Is there any way I can configure these emails to be sent with the complete hostname?

The URL has that domain in it, which is set in directadmin (user level) as a default for a reseller/admin, who recieves a notification.

Back